Ancient Greek Grammar and Syntax
More than a hundred topics about Ancient Greek Grammar and Syntax.
Ancient Greek Reference has been built from the ground up focusing solely on
the most significant needs and issues Ancient Greek learners might face.
For this reason, it has a lean and schematic structure, which guarantees a fast and fluid learning process.
What can you learn from this Ancient Greek App?
There’s a quick answer to that: everything you need to know
about this beautiful language!
And there’s also a long answer: inside Ancient Greek Reference’s theory section you’ll find more than a hundred subjects, divided into nine categories.
- “Articles””, where you find the declension for Ancient
Greek’s definite article, which is the foundation for the first and second
declension of nouns and for the first class of adjectives;
- “Nouns and Adjectives”, where you find the three
declensions of nouns plus the Attic declension, the declension for the two
classes of adjectives and for comparatives and superlatives;
- “Omega Verbs”, where you find the conjugation of those
verbs whose first person present indicative ends in omega, the conjugation
of the most notable exceptional verbs (such as οἶδα) and all the paradigms
you need to know;
- “μι Verbs”, where you find the conjugation of those
verbs whose first person present indicative ends in -μι, the conjugation
of the most notable verbs (such as τίθημι, ἵημι and εἰμί) and all the
paradigms you need to learn;
- “Pronouns”, where you’ll find the declension and
function of every Ancient Greek pronoun, from personal pronouns to relative
pronouns, from demonstrative pronouns to reciprocal ones;
- “Cases”, where you’ll learn the function and meaning
of Ancient Greek cases: nominative, genitive, dative, accusative and
- “Diatheses”, where you can learn the function and
meaning of active, passive and middle-passive verbs;
- “Period”, where you’ll learn the means by which Ancient
Greek translates every type of clause;
- and, of course, the “Other Topics” section, where we put every other detail you need to learn, from the alphabet to numerals, from adverbs to prepositions and much more!